Please Read Carefully
Use of Site and Services
Your access to and use of our Site and Services are subject to certain terms and conditions, which are set forth in our Terms and Conditions.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you e-mail us, enter information to find services on our Site, interact with us via telephone call, or apply for a job position on our Site.
If you are a job seeker, we may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following information: information from our HR information system/payroll platform, such as your first and last name, birthdate, social security number, driver’s license number, criminal history, ethnicity, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, work experience, salary/income, professional license numbers, education, interests, hobbies, professional and personal references, profile picture, professional skills and abilities, schedule availability, and bank information to facilitate direct deposit of earnings.
If you are seeking services on our site, we may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following information: your first and last name, birthdate, gender, religion, email and mailing address, phone number, care services needed, health conditions, activities, profile picture, interests, and credit card or banking information to facilitate payment processing.
For all individuals who use our Site or Services, we may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following information: first and last name, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, and social security number.
We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply. When you post messages or upload content within our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users to whom you provide access, will be able to see such messages and content.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Site and Services
We collect information about you when you use our Site and Services, including, but not limited to the following:
• Device Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site and Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Site; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Site, the frequency of your use of the Site, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
• Location Information. We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Site), and may use that information to customize the Site with location-based information, advertising, and features. For example, if your IP address indicates an origin in Los Angeles, the Site may be customized with Los Angeles-specific information and advertisements. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the Site through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details. If you are a Care Provider, location-enabled services may be used as a means to facilitate time card data.
• Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies. We may use the tools outlined below in order to better understand users. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
For more information on cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
o Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Site, the websites of selected advertisers, and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Site, using the selected advertisers’ websites or opening our emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising.
o Site Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Site, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the Site or mobile application. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Site easier to use.
o Mobile Device Identifiers: Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address and location) and traffic data. Mobile device identifiers help Sterling Care learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
Information Collected from Others About You
Other users of our site may provide us information about you through our Site or the Services. Examples include when a client or family member of a client posts feedback regarding a Care Provider. Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
Aggregate or De-identified Data
Use of Information
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
• With third parties to whom you ask us to send personal information. Unless you direct us to provide access to your personal information via your “Privacy Settings” or otherwise, we do not disclose the personal information of any client or Care Provider to anyone else.
• With third parties: to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and Site, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Sterling Care. Third party service providers are only permitted to use your personal information to provide the services requested by Sterling Care. Examples of such third party service providers include companies that administer background checks of Care Providers and companies that process payments from both Care Providers and clients.
• With our Affiliates, partners or other third parties to allow them to contact you regarding marketing, products, programs, services, and promotions that we and/or they believe may be of interest to you (see the “Opt-In Policy” below).
• In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (but only under non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and protections).
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to enforce applicable user agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Site or Services; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities.
• With your consent.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
When you supply us with personally identifiable information in connection with your use of the Site or Services, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about our product and service offerings and if you would like us to share personally identifiable information about you with our Affiliates, partners or other third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do choose to opt-in, you will receive such communications and/or we will share your information in accordance with your “opt-in” consent.
You may, of course, choose not to receive additional marketing information from us or choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information as follows: At any time, you can follow a link provided in our marketing-related email messages (but excluding e-commerce confirmations and other administrative emails) to opt-out from receiving such communications; or at any time, you can contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below to opt-out from receiving such communications.
If you decide to contact us to change your contact preferences to opt-out of receiving communications from us, please specify clearly which of the following choices you are opting out of: (a) Receiving marketing communications from us; (b) Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with our Affiliates and partners for their marketing purposes; and/or (c) Allowing us to share personally identifiable information about you with other third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will endeavor to implement your requested change as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until we implement such change. Please note that if you choose not to allow our sharing of your personally identifiable information, we are not responsible for removing your personally identifiable information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your personally identifiable information as of the date that we implement your request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages. You cannot opt-out from receiving these administrative messages. We reserve the right, from time to time, to contact former customers or users of the Site or Services for administrative purposes or in order to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
Social Media and Third Party Platforms
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Sterling Care cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Your Privacy Choices
How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time period, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes. However, if we have already disclosed some of your personal information to third parties, we cannot access that personal information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our Site and Services may not function properly if you do so.
Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
If you are interested in more information about interest-based advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link or TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices Page to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs.
Please note that even after opting out of interest-based advertising, you may still see Sterling Care’s advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that Sterling Care is no longer using its tracking tools—Sterling Care still may collect information about your use of the Site and Services even after you have opted out of interest-based advertisements and may still serve advertisements to you via the Site based on information it collects via the Site and Services.
How Sterling Care Responds to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide above the Network Advertising Initiative’s “Consumer Opt-out” link, Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link, and TRUSTe’s Advertising Choices page. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Links to Other Websites
This Site may contain links to other websites and those websites may not follow the same privacy practices as Sterling Care. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
Sterling Care does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years of age without verifiable parental consent, and no part of the Site or Services are directed at persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use the Site or Services. If Sterling Care learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then Sterling Care will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
A Note to Users Outside of the United States
Your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Last Update 09/19/2016